What to Expect
We do it all for you! From initial consultation and project development through financing and installation, Hawaiian Energy provides a total turn-key operation. We apply for the permits and rebates, design and install the power system, assist in financing when needed, and prepare the paperwork, including final warranty and tax forms, so you can keep focusing on your business. And if your system ever needs service or maintenance, we’ll respond quickly and provide a rapid turnaround—24-48 hours in most cases.
For your convenience, we’ve gone out of our way to simplify the process of installing a solar electric or solar thermal system. In general, here’s what you can expect:
- Customer requests a free site evaluation
- A Hawaiian Energy representative responds with a phone call within 3 business days. In this call, we determine together whether or not a solar system makes sense for the customer.
- Next, we conduct a free, no-obligation site evaluation and prepare a comprehensive proposal that details energy-saving changes you can make to save you money on your energy bills now and how much the new system will cost, how long it will take to pay for itself, and what it will include. At this time, we also discuss a variety of financing options and explain which local, state, and federal rebates and tax incentives you qualify for.
- Hawaiian Energy and the customer sign a contract.
- Hawaiian Energy collects all necessary data for building permits, rebates, and utility interconnection.
- Hawaiian Energy applies for the state rebate on the customer’s behalf.
- Hawaiian Energy applies for and secures all necessary building permits.
- 4-6 weeks after applying for the rebate, Hawaiian Energy receives approval and schedules an installation date with the customer.
- Installation typically occurs 5-7 weeks after signing the contract. Most installations take 2-3 months, depending on the size of the installation.
- Building Department signs off on permit.
- Utility company performs its inspection and replaces the meter with a bi-directional or net meter.
- Hawaiian Energy representative provides a full system orientation for the customer.